At ClimateAi we are driven by a united passion to tackle climate change. We believe in a culture of absolute truth and transparency, where feedback is considered an opportunity for us to contribute to each other's personal and professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity and are an equal-opportunity employer.
We hire people who are collaborative, adaptable, communicate well, and love to learn. Expect to give and receive constructive criticism, as we are constantly seeking to push the innovation frontier while simultaneously growing as individuals and as a team.
We’re looking for a smart, passionate, team-oriented Finance Leader to support the growth of our business. This role would report to the Vice President of Operations & Strategy, but maintain a direct 1:1 relationship with the CEO.
What you’ll do
- Lead and grow the Finance function, from both a strategic and operational perspective
- Provide the financial lens on strategic decisions by determining the appropriate SaaS metrics, evaluating our performance vs. appropriate benchmarks, leading scenario creation, etc.
- Own FP&A: revenue/profit forecasting and input to the lead-team of the financial impact and sensitivities of strategic decisions
- Participate and present in Leadership Team meetings and Board meetings, serving as a critical voice in the direction of the company
- Support the creation of the company Operating Plan, in partnership with the VP of Operations & Strategy, Leadership Team Members, and the CEO
- Support fundraising efforts, as required
- Own internal controls, monthly reporting of financial statements (BS, P&L, SoCF), tax/audit compliance, and P&L reconciliation of forecast vs. budget.
- Manage 1 seasoned Finance employee to cover operational finance topics, including AP, AR, and expense management, with potential additional headcount depending on final scope. This employee is fully onboarded with day-to-day management
- Create tools and insights (in partnership with your team) to empower leaders to make sound financial decisions and business case assessments
- Grow with us. The ideal candidate will show the ambition and aptitude to grow into our Chief Financial Officer
- Experience as a leader or senior contributor in a SaaS start-up that has scaled from Series B stage to later rounds
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically to an executive audience
- Direct operational experience - though you do have a team to manage the day-to-day, we expect everyone at ClimateAi to “roll up their sleeves” when needed
- Experience supporting fundraising rounds in a SaaS / post-Series B context from either an operating or investing perspective
- Comfort with ambiguity - take problems without a clear answer and define an answer using practical assumptions and defensible logic
- Experience in VC, PE, or Investment Banking is a plus
- Management and hiring experience is a plus
- Most importantly, a passion for climate change solutions
The base compensation range for this role for employees based in the US is $150,000-200,000. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at ClimateAi and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, business need and US location.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and equity
- Professional Growth Fund
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Learning budget per year
- Unlimited Part Time policy with minimum time off requirements
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with smart, curious, passionate people and be part of the mission to help the world