At ClimateAi we are driven by a united passion to tackle climate change. We believe in a culture of absolute truth and transparency, where feedback is considered an opportunity for us to contribute to each other's personal and professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity and are an equal-opportunity employer.
We hire people who are collaborative, adaptable, communicate well, and love to learn. Expect to give and receive constructive criticism, as we are constantly seeking to push the innovation frontier while simultaneously growing as individuals and as a team.
About the role:
We are a young startup, looking for a passionate candidate who can contribute to our mission to deploy impactful solutions to the most important issue of our generation. Our focus will be on developing climate adaptation & resilience tools for various sectors, with agriculture as our initial market. We are looking for a Software Engineer familiar with both frontend and backend technologies. Any experience with cloud infrastructure is a bonus. This person will be developing services within the ClimateAi platform. This individual should be able to work remotely and supremely self-driven, with an eye for detail, and contributions to the team through regular feedback, working with both the tech/product teams. The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality. Also, the candidate will be working on shaping the vision of the company and brand Climate Tech. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on open-ended projects, both individually as well as in a fast-paced environment. We hire people who are collaborative, adaptable, communicate well, and love to learn. Expect to give and receive constructive criticism, as we are constantly re-evaluating our hypotheses and our products.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement sophisticated software systems.
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Be experienced in core tech related engineering domains such as low-level systems, SDK integration and device performance characteristics.
- Create documentation and tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Have an impact across on features, performance and developer efficiency.
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure high quality
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 1-2 years proven experience as a software developer.
- Good programming experience in backend development technologies like Python, Java, Golang, Ruby, etc.
- Experience developing and contributing to production quality backends monoliths or micro services.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutionsComfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project.
- Proven track record collaborating with other partners to design and implement features and systems with excellent problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Prior experience in live ops situations
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP
- Experience with DevOps
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and equity
- Professional Growth Fund
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Learning budget per year
- Unlimited Part Time policy with minimum time off requirements
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with smart, curious, passionate people and be part of the mission to help the world