At ClimateAi we are driven by a united passion to tackle climate change. We believe in a culture of absolute truth and transparency, where feedback is considered an opportunity for us to contribute to each other's personal and professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity and are an equal-opportunity employer.
We hire people who are collaborative, adaptable, communicate well, and love to learn. Expect to give and receive constructive criticism, as we are constantly seeking to push the innovation frontier while simultaneously growing as individuals and as a team.
About the Role
We are looking for a mission-driven Chief Technology Officer to join our passionate team and drive the technical vision and strategy at ClimateAI in our next phase of growth. As the CTO, you will play a crucial role in shaping the development of our AI-driven products and services, ensuring they remain at the cutting edge of technology. The successful candidate will bring a strong strategic mindset and has a proven track record of success in a fast-paced environment, ideally in a B2B context.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Technical Officer will be a key member of the executive team with a high degree of visibility and impact across the organization.
- Define and communicate a compelling technical vision and roadmap aligned with ClimateAI's mission and business objectives
- Lead, mentor, uplevel, and grow a cross-functional team of data scientists, climate scientists, data engineers, and software engineers, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning
- Provide strategic guidance to the product development process, leveraging the latest SOTA technologies to create impactful solutions
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in AI, machine learning, and climate science, identifying opportunities to integrate cutting-edge technologies into our products
- Bring maturity to the tech organization from a process and people standpoint while balancing technical and product innovation
- Uplevel and grow team members
- 15+ years of relevant experience with at least 5+ years of experience as a manager
- Prior experience launching and scaling technical products in an early-stage or growth-stage startup environment, ideally in a B2B context
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, capable of adapting style to different audiences and stakeholders, both internally and externally representing the company in front of customers and potential investors
- Ability to attract and nurture top engineering and AI talent
- Passion for working to help address the issue of climate change
- Resilient and able to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a sense of urgency and bias for action
- Ability to drive technical direction and execution through teams and enable others
- Strong cross-functional relationship builder
- Ability to make quick decisions and generate buy-in from leadership team members
- Seamlessly prioritize multiple stakeholders and projects with limited resources and information
- Problem solver with a hands-on approach and the ability to anticipate adverse scenarios with thoughtful solutions to address them
The base compensation range for employees based in the US is $250,000-350,000 and equity in line with experience and company stage. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at ClimateAi and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, business need and US location. The base compensation range for employees based in the US is $250,000-350,000 and equity in line with experience and company stage. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at ClimateAi and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, business need and US location.
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and equity
- Professional Growth Fund
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Learning budget per year
- Unlimited Part Time policy with minimum time off requirements
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with smart, curious, passionate people and be part of the mission to help the world